CLICK ON IMAGES BELOW TO ENLARGE

25 June 2010

Sailing Lessons: Fri 25 Jun - Sunny, Light SE, Small Seas

A new friend, Neil, arrived at the Hull YC from his home in Brookline MA and joined me for a daysail among the Boston Harbor Islands. Although I have sailed past the entrance to Boston Harbor many times, I have never before stopped in to explore. I now wonder why it took so long to realize what I'd been missing.

Neil is a local sailor with a comprehensive knowledge of the Harbor Islands. He's also owned a sistership to Kerry Deare for 15 years, so stepping aboard my boat required no orientation. The weather really cooperated and we were able to complete a splendid 22 NM tour of the Boston Harbor Islands, ending the trip by picking up our mooring under sail in Hull Bay.

Along the way Neil and I combined our highly developed sailing abilities and massive accumulation of sailing experience to demonstrate the superiority of the Cape Dory 28 over any other yacht. Of course we hardly needed a reminder that this is the case.

No comments:

Post a Comment