CLICK ON IMAGES BELOW TO ENLARGE

13 August 2010

Ramea Day Three: 13 Aug - Lucky "Friday the 13th"

Friday August 13th was first of 3 consecutive days of music at Ramea's Rock Island Music Festival, and I was looking forward to the performances. To get in the swing of things I decided to do an early morning walking tour of the island. Many residents had suggested it was the only way to truly learn about the island. The Ramea Heritage Center provides a hand-drawn map with many points of interest, but there is little doubt that the (literal) highlight of the walking tour is a climb to the top of Man-of-War Hill. The problem: I hate heights. In fact I'd already told any one within listening distance that I was simply not going up that hill. So much for idle threats.

When I came to the location on the walking tour (photo left) where the sign to Man-of-War Hill is posted, something strange happened and I found myself drawn to the challenge. The next thing I knew I was climbing to the top, despite the fact that this activity is completely alien to me. I am still not sure why I did it, and I'd never do it again. Even the pictures give me vertigo.


Here for your viewing pleasure are views from the top of Man-of-War Hill.




While we're in the mood, here are a few Ramea images that caught my fancy.


No comments:

Post a Comment